TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- What does it mean to do the work?
- Debunking the overnight success
- Kathleen shares a story about her brother who is a sideshow performer from Coney Island, NY – he’s the ultimate example of a creative who is dedicated to doing the work
- Emily shares a behind-the-scenes example of doing the work by getting transparent about her email newsletter strategy
- We talk about characteristics of admirable boss-ladies who “do the work"
- We discuss systems we have in place for doing the work when we’d rather be binging on Netflix
- Finally, we share what you can expect on future podcasts what it’s like to run a creative, online business and Be Boss in today’s world
RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Joy Inc.: How We Built a Workplace People Love by Richard Sheridan
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amorouso
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler (a book review by Kathleen on the Braid Blog)