Part of what our exclusive boss community loves most about being a part of the Clubhouse is access to secret episodes. Here are the show notes to our third episode. To get access to the audio and discussion join the clubhouse here.
Normally we have an outline of what we want to talk about before we record each episode, but in this secret episode, we’re going rogue—you’ll get to see the real Kathleen and Emily. This is a peek into what a real conversation looks like between business besties (and give you a glimpse into the conversations that evolved into the idea of starting a podcast together).
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Huge changes in Emily’s business structure
- Helping each other through business decisions and creating new products/services
- Fighting feelings of overwhelm and feeling scattered when you have a lot on your plate
- Responsibility toward the community you grow in your business
- The future of growing Being Boss
- What we want to be known for and how can we bring that into our work?
- What does authenticity mean?
- Authenticity vs. privacy
- Practicing what you preach—are we actually living the Boss life we teach?
- Astrology and organizing the human experience
- Growing as individuals outside of our business partnership
- Emily’s move last year and Kathleen’s potential future move
- Goals for June
KATHLEEN SAID:I feel this certain amount of pressure to have the answer, and I don't have the answer. Click To Tweet I don't want people to confuse authenticity with extroversion or boldness or crassness. Click To Tweet
EMILY SAID:If podcasting has taught me anything, voice is more impactful than words on a screen. Click To Tweet It's really easy to say what you want, and it's another thing entirely to do it. Click To Tweet If you're going to be in a relationship, you have to be open to the other person growing. Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Caitlin Brehm
- Being Boss Episode #47: Lunar Abundance with Ezzie Spencer
- Jessie Artigue of Style & Pepper
- Marriage is Funny podcast
- The Inner Sky by Steven Forrest
- Being Boss Episode #42: Vulnerability as a Creative with Brené Brown
- Secret Episode: Growing a Healthy Newsletter List
- ConvertKit webinar with Val Geisler
- Podcast Like a Boss
- Being Boss survey
- Free Podcast Like a Boss origin stories
More from Kathleen:
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks