To the working moms, mom-to-be’s, and mamapreneurs—this episode is for you! We’re talking with postpartum health expert Rebecca Egbert about self care—mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually—for mothers who are also boss.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, August 19 at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Getting in your right mind as a mom and a boss, especially when you’re sleep-deprived
- Habits and routines for mom-bosses
- Tapping your creative tribe as a mom-boss and combating alienation
- Getting organized and setting boundaries as a mom and a boss
- Easing back into physical exercise after child birth
REBECCA SAID:'I relate my mood to the time I take to meditate—It's making me a happier person, more productive person.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet 'I relate my mood to the time I take to meditate—It's making me a happier person, more productive person.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet 'Our brain has to be organized first before our body responds to it.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet Therapy is okay. If you feel like you might be struggling with postpartum depression, go see a therapist. -@rsegbert Click To Tweet 'Set your desired time to go to bed and wake up and commit to that time. It manages stress.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet Make an investment in yourself that takes you out of mother role and puts you into boss/woman/friend role. -@rsegbert Click To Tweet Being a mom is hard in different ways for everyone. Be the friend who does something for your girlfriend. -@rsegbert Click To Tweet 'Get out of your head and into your body because our heads are exhausting.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet 'Everything is malleable, nothing is forever.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet If you want to make changes in your diet, in your body, etc., you have to be consistent in your practice. -@rsegbert Click To Tweet 'Let's change the way women are cared for after they have a baby since there's not a lot of care.' -@rsegbert Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Yin Yoga
- Hakomi Psychosomatic Therapy
- Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
More from Rebecca:
- Rebecca Egbert: The Mother Love
- Rebecca Egbert Newsletter
- Little Mother’s Helper: A Postpartum Health Companion Kickstarter
- Little Mother’s Helper
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Rebecca –@themotherlove
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson