We’re welcoming back our “Being Boss boyfriend,” Paul Jarvis, to talk about setting goals and focusing on what you want (rather than on fear). And digging in deep to the different approaches and views when it comes to goal setting.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, September 2 at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Setting goals with revenue and specific numbers and doing the work to get there
- Fear of success
- Focusing on your “what” vs. your “how”
- Process vs Impact
- Woo-woo and goals
- Bucket list goals
- Letting go of goals that no longer serve you
PAUL SAID:I like the process more than I like the outcome. I feel we're not in control of outcomes to a certain degree. -@pjrvs Click To Tweet 'Goals are only things that exist if you are actively working toward them.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet 'If you don't like the process, then it doesn't really matter what the outcome is.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet 'I'm equally afraid of failure and success.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet 'Our intentions are evident even if we wish that they weren't. I write every week because I like doing it.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet 'I'm go-with-the-flow, but I'm 100% invested in action to keep in line with the direction I want to go.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet It's so much work not to be reactionary. The purpose of meditation and yoga is to find the calm in yourself. @pjrvs Click To Tweet 'I'm a big fan of relentlessly questioning things that we believe in or that we feel we need.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet 'The point of minimalism isn't to get rid of stuff, it's finding what serves me. And nothing else matters.' -@pjrvs Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Being Boss Episode #15: Finding Your Rat People with Paul Jarvis
- Do the Kind Thing by Daniel Lubetzky
- Beauty is Embarrassing documentary
- Bhagavad Gita
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Stefan Sagmeister: Happiness By Design TED Talk
More from Paul:
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Paul – @pjrvs
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson