We recently took a trip to New Orleans—just the two of us—and decided to record an episode on self care because if you don’t take care of yourself, then how can you expect to be boss? We’re talking about building a healthy foundation, fitness, food, beauty, boundaries, and investing in yourself as much (or even more) as you do your business.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Cultivate your tribe and find your wolfpack in our exclusive community, the Being Boss Clubhouse. You’ll get access to our close and vibrant Slack group, monthly Q&A calls, a book club, and more! Sign up here.
- We’re going to Miami! Hang out with us for real in Miami this April—on a yacht! This will be the only official Being Boss Vacation of 2016. But hurry! Space is limited and the last day to register is April 5th! Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @beingbossclub on Wednesday, March 30th at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Our “musts” for taking care of ourselves like bosses (3:44)
- Where to start if you don’t already have a healthy foundation (5:10)
- Food’s relationship with our bodies (7:07)
- Working out for self care (10:19)
- Setting clear boundaries around your work (14:51)
- Personal hygiene and beauty/makeup (16:41)
- Making time for self care (18:49)
- Spirituality as self care (19:50)
- Investing in yourself (26:48)
- Traveling as self care (28:42)
- Intentional self care (31:29)
KATHLEEN SAID:If you want to take care of yourself, put it in your calendar like a meeting. Click To Tweet If I'm being my highest self and addressing my soul work, that's going to make me be more boss. Click To Tweet Self-care is an investment. It makes you work better, be more aligned, and feeds everything else. Click To Tweet Putting systems in place that help us be boss is how we make time for self-care. Click To Tweet
EMILY SAID:When you're hustling it out, it's easy to get lost in the nonsense and not take care of yourself. Click To Tweet If you are a boss, you're comfortable spending time with yourself no matter what that looks like. Click To Tweet Investing in yourself is just as important—if not more important—than investing in your business. Click To Tweet You cannot perform at your best if you are not taking care of yourself. Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Sarah Becker Lillard
- Being Boss Episode #34: Building the Whole30 Empire with Melissa Hartwig
- It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
- Being Boss Episode #61: Fitness for Bosses with Jason Harrison
- Your soul make workout
- PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin’ Body, and the Life You Deserve! by Chalene Johnson
- Being Boss Episode #20: Push Goals with Chalene Johnson
- Caitlin Brehm’s tarot reading Periscope
- Erica Midkiff’s Explore Course
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Dr. Bronner’s
- Lush Eau Roma Water Toner
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson