The secret to a successful product-based business? Make the quality so great that your customers can’t help but be fiercely loyal. At least that’s what Karen Young of Oui Shave did when she decided to take on the women’s razor industry. We’re talking with her about building a quality product, creating lasting relationships with your clients, and taking a chance on a product-based business that challenges a system.
This episode is brought to you by:
Small Business Accounting Software Designed for You – Sign up for a free trial.
Eliminate the guesswork in setting up an LLC, corporation, or nonprofit. – Download Incorporate’s free toolkit with a business plan template, incorporation guide & discounts to help you start or grow your business.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Having an inventor/problem-solving mindset as a kid and how that ties with a product-based business
- Why razors? The history of women’s razors
- Taking a chance on putting a product out there that challenges a system
- What it takes to start a product-based business
- Overcoming price barriers when you’re sourcing quality products
KAREN SAID:I think there's something powerful in solving a woman's problem. Click To Tweet There's always room to grow, but seek out the absolute best that you can to offer to your customers. Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
More from Karen:
More from Kathleen:
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Rock Your Web Design Business
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Karen – @ouishave
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @EmilyM_Thompson