Today we’re chatting with writer and podcaster Nicole Antionette about finding your voice, showing up as you are, seasons of creating, and the importance of sharing your stories.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Cultivate your tribe and find your wolfpack in our exclusive community, the Being Boss Clubhouse. You’ll get access to our close and vibrant Slack group, monthly Q&A calls, a book club, and more! Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @beingbossclub on Wednesday, May 18th at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Nicole’s creative path
- Sense of place: How physically moving and the location in which you live facilitates change and molds who you are
- Sharing your own stories and censoring yourself based on your clients or your work
- Entrepreneurship vs. creating for the love of the hobby
- Sponsorship vs. community funded
- Making connections online vs. in person
- Boundaries in what you share with your audience
- Writing and creating content around what’s really interesting you in the moment
- Seasons of creating
NICOLE SAID:'I feel like my strongest work comes from sharing my own stories.' Click To Tweet 'In order to create wonderful work, you can't be creating all the time.' Click To Tweet 'If you are creating art, you have to be filling up your inspiration tank somehow.' Click To Tweet
KATHLEEN SAID:'Connections and relationships are everything. It's truly magic.' Click To Tweet
EMILY SAID:'A place can absolutely mold you in ways that few people really expect.' Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Sarah von Bargen
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart by Carrot Quinn
- Havi Brooks
More from Nicole:
More from Kathleen:
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Nicole – @nic.antoinette
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @EmilyM_Thompson