Online marketing genius, Brian Clark of Rainmaker Digital (formerly CopyBlogger Media) and host of the Unemployable podcast, joins us today to talk about online marketing and what it truly takes to grow a wildly successful business.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, September 30 at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Online marking and how to sell yourself without feeling icky about it
- Reframing the idea of marketing and selling
- Maintaining your vision when your business is growing
- Making the leap to freelance or building you dream job while working a day job
- Sustaining happiness in a work-life balance
BRIAN SAID:'It's not 'sell-y' at all! It's all about education.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'It's the human connection that allows us to serve people. That's what also drives them to choose you.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'You have to be in for process over profit. Profit comes when you're really into what you're building.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'We're all doing a side hustle for one thing or another.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'Why are you doing it? Because when it gets tough, the status and money aren't going to keep you going.' @BrianClark Click To Tweet 'Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of travel.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'What you're trying to do when you grow your business is become the person you're meant to be.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'You become what you do, so choose carefully.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet 'There's nothing wrong with dreaming, but if you're really meant to do it, you're going to do it.' -@BrianClark Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
More from Brian:
- Rainmaker Digital
- Unemployable Podcast
- Unemployable Podcast – episode with Kathleen as a guest
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson