Kathleen has mentioned him countless times in previous episodes, so this week we’re excited to welcome life coach, Jay Pryor on the Being Boss podcast to talk about some of his coaching techniques and the valuable lessons he uses to help his coaching clients on living with integrity and being impeccable with your word.
This episode is brought to you by:
- We’re going to Miami! Hang out with us for real in Miami this April—on a yacht! This will be the only official Being Boss Vacation of 2016. But hurry! Space is limited and these boss vacations sell out fast. Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, December 2 at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Creating space for new clients
- Manifesting what you want + getting into an abundant mindset
- Being mindful of resistance and being impeccable with your word
- Self worth and worthiness
- The power of visualization
- Confidence and integrity
JAY SAID:'You need to be able to create a space so that new clients can come in and fill that space.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'Whatever is happening, stop making it wrong so that something can be possible.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'As humans, we need to process those painful things, and if we don't, then they get stuck inside us.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'Our words are the link to our subconscious and our underlying limiting beliefs about ourselves.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'I believe that every single person has an 'I'm not good enough' conversation...even Beyoncé.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'As long as you stay in that 'I don't know what I want' mindset, that's what you're going to get.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'Action always brings clarity. Start taking baby steps; as you don't quit, you'll get there.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'Watch your language. Your body responds to the story you tell yourself about what's happening.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'If you're living a life that you can keep track of in your head, you're living too small.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet 'I believe that everything you need is inside you already. You don't need anything else.' -@jaypryorcoach Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Braid Creative chalkboard method
- The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
- Your Word is Your Wand by Florence Scovel Shinn
- Erin Brown
- Danielle Laporte: Integrity first, then hustle + 10 fresh lessons on money
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Jay Pryor on Dance Moms
- Abraham-Hicks The Law of Attraction
- Pam Grout
- Amy Cuddy TED Talk: “Your body language shapes who you are”
- From Suicidal Girl to Powerful Dad: Transgender Advocate Jay Pryor Opens Up About His Emotional Journey
- It Gets Better Project
- Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles
- Human Rights Campaign
More from Jay:
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson