TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The benefits of working with and collaborating with a community
- What makes herbs legitimate medicine
- How do you deal when you're in a funk
- Gratitude and happiness on a physiological level
- How to use essential oils
- Finding your herbal ally
- Spirituality in earth and plant medicine
- The mind / body connection and dealing with your ego
RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Galen's Way
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Being Boss Episode 44: Creativity & Magic
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Elizabeth Gilbert TED Talk: Your Elusive Creative Genius
- Stefan Sagmeister TED Talk: Happiness by Design
- Being Boss Episode 48: Boss Integrity with Jay Pryor
Herbs discussed in this episode:
- Skullcap: Helps the body adapt to stress, tension, and tight shoulders
- White sage: Used for "smudging." Burn white sage to clear negative energy from your space.
- Rosemary (essential oil or culinary use): the smell of rosemary helps your mental clarity. Emily uses rosemary oil (aromatic) at her desk.
- Holy basil (Tulasi): "It's like a hug in a cup!" Drink in tea form to uplift you in your heart space.
- Thieves Oil: Rub a few drops (dilute in carrier oil) on bottom of feet to support a healthy immune system (anti bacterial).
- Lavender Oil: Kathleen uses in humidifier (aromatic) for a better night's sleep or to aid in stress. This herb is calming and also aids in heart recovery for grieving/loss/lacking.
- Ashwagandha: Good for hangovers (along with copious amounts of water)
- Clary sage: Labor-inducing (Kathleen's experience)
- Peppermint: Stomach soother