Laura Roeder, founder of Edgar—a new social media automation tool designed to prevent updates from going to waste—is joining us today on the Being Boss podcast to talk about harnessing the power of social media marketing for creative entrepreneurs and giving your content the attention it deserves.
This episode is brought to you by:
- We’re going to Miami! Hang out with us for real in Miami this April—on a yacht! This will be the only official Being Boss Vacation of 2016. But hurry! Space is limited and these boss vacations sell out fast. Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, December 16 at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Making the leap and coming to terms with the worst case scenario
- How motherhood changes business / daily life
- Personal brand vs. business brand and making that transition
- Bootstrapping your business / self-funded business and angel investing
- Founding B-School with Marie Forleo
- Coming up with Edgar and how Edgar works to recycle content
- Scheduling posts and post library automation
- Is LinkedIn important too?
LAURA SAID:'When it comes to making that leap, a lot of it is just thinking through the worst case scenario.' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'We sometimes make things more dramatic in our heads out of fear—and it's just not realistic.' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'A big motivation for me in starting my own business was having the freedom over my time.' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'Your personal brand is really something that can't be taken away from you.' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'Ask: Are we building something that our customers find valuable enough to pay for? Are we earning our keep?' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'When you're in that struggle mode and none of the options feel good, it's actually best to just let it lie.' -@lkr Click To Tweet Post links to your site twice as often and you'll see higher traffic because you give more opportunity to click. @lkr Click To Tweet 'You created this amazing library of content. Don't just send it out once.' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'Show people what you do. No one is following you unless they want to hear about your business.' -@lkr Click To Tweet 'You can go a lot further than you think you can in being promotional when people are asking to hear from you.' -@lkr Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Jessica Hische
- Designer Vaca
- Ruby on Rails
- Being Boss Episode #45: The Golden Egg with David Heinemeier Hansson
- Marie Forleo’s B-School
- Money: Master the Game by Tony Robbins
- Marie Forleo
More from Laura:
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Laura – @laurakayargh
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson