When we have a guest on our site to talk about how to become rich, we’re not talking about how to make a quick buck. Ramit Sethi is the author of the New York Times bestseller, I Will Teach You To Be Rich and writes for over 1 million monthly readers on his website where he covers psychology, personal finance, careers, and entrepreneurship. He’s jamming with us today on what it really means to live a rich life and how to manage your creative ideas to create quality, profitable products and services that can stand the test of time.
This episode is brought to you by:
- We’re going to Miami! Hang out with us for real in Miami this April—on a yacht! This will be the only official Being Boss Vacation of 2016. But hurry! Space is limited and these boss vacations sell out fast. Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
- Join the fun in the next #beingbosschat on Twitter! We’re chatting from @EmilyM_Thompson on Wednesday, February 3rd at 6pm CST.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- What does it mean to live a rich life?
- Why most money advice out there isn’t what’s right for you
- Passive income
- Increasing your prices
- Balancing work and life
- Setting yourself up for productivity and accomplishment
- Investing money + time
- How health + fitness impacts the entrepreneurial journey
- Holding onto creative ideas until you’re ready
- Putting out quality products
- Rushing to make products vs. products that stand the test of time
RAMIT SAID:'Money is part of a rich life, but it's a small part of a rich life.' -@ramit Click To Tweet 'There is a limit on how much you can cut, but there's no limit on how much you can earn.' -@ramit Click To Tweet 'Learn from the best. No matter how good you are, there's always somebody you can learn from.' -@ramit Click To Tweet 'I think sometimes you have to let ideas breathe like they let wine breathe.' -@ramit Click To Tweet 'If you need to get through the next six months, get a job.' -@ramit Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Being Boss Episode #47: You Need a Budget with Jesse Mecham
- “Ramit’s 2007 Guide to Kicking Ass” blog post
- Ramit’s video that shows how he went from a $4.95 product to a $12,000 product
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
More from Ramit:
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich website
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich book
- The Ultimate Guide to Personal Finance
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting a Raise & Boosting Your Salary
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Skills
More from Kathleen:
- Braid Creative
- Free Braid ebook: 7 Ways Designers Become (& Brand Themselves As) Creative Experts
- And Kathleen (personal blog)
- The Braid Method Branding ECourse
- DIY Coaching for Creatives
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Emily M. Thompson (personal blog)
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
- GYST Subscription
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Ramit – @ramit
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @emilym_thompson