You’ve heard us talk about The Chalkboard Method—what we use to make money and track goals with a little bit of magic. Today we’re sharing how it works and how you can implement it in your business and life.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Cultivate your tribe and find your wolfpack in our exclusive community, the Being Boss Clubhouse. You’ll get access to our close and vibrant Slack group, monthly Q&A calls, a book club, and more! Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How the Chalkboard Method started (3:05)
- How to set trackable goals (8:02)
- Fears surrounding goals (18:19)
- Reframing goals (20:36)
- You attract what you track (25:07)
- Mapping out a chalkboard for Being Boss (41:03)
KATHLEEN SAID:You won't know that you've met your goals until you set your goals. Click To Tweet The chalkboard is a big, visual reminder that you need to put in the work to make this happen. Click To Tweet Don't impose your own self-limiting beliefs on potential clients when you're making goals. Click To Tweet It's not enough to just understand the concept, you have to actually do it. Click To Tweet
EMILY SAID:Every time you book a client, you intentionally go to your chalkboard and make them a part of your business. Click To Tweet When you are working for yourself, you are the person holding yourself accountable. Period. Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Jay Pryor
- Being Boss Episode #48: Boss Integrity with Jay Pryor
- Gain Back Control of Your Work + Life By Saying No
- Getting Started with a Bullet Journal
- Tara Gentile
More from Kathleen:
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Toolkits: a subscription service of guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @EmilyM_Thompson