Today’s episode is all about what to do when your metrics suck and how to create content that gets good metrics and traffic. We’re talking about what we do for Being Boss, what we’re planning to up our game for Being Boss, and our tips for how to read and use your analytics for your online business.
This episode is brought to you by:
Small Business Accounting Software Designed for You – Sign up for a free trial.
ConvertKit is our favorite email marketing platform at Being Boss. It makes it easy to send out email blasts, check newsletter metrics, and segment lists. – Learn more and see if it’s a fit.
- Cultivate your tribe and find your wolfpack in our exclusive community, the Being Boss Clubhouse. You’ll get access to our close and vibrant Slack group, monthly Q&A calls, a book club, and more! Sign up here.
- Being Boss has a Facebook group! So much valuable conversation and connection is happening over there: Join us to talk about which investments you’re making/planning on making in your business over there!
- If you like Being Boss please rate & review us on iTunes – it helps us connect with more bosses to grow our amazing community!
- Check out our Being Boss Bundle today! It’s a combination of Kathleen’s DIY Coaching for Creatives email subscription and Emily’s Get Your Shit Together email subscription including all of our best tips, tactics, and worksheets straight to your inbox!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Why are metrics important? (6:50)
- Looking ahead at future trends (10:10)
- What’s next for Being Boss to improve our metrics (13:06)
- Use your metrics to do what excites you in your business (19:50)
- How to use analytics for your business (24:00)
- Calls to action and sharing your content across multiple platforms (27:12)
- When metrics don’t even matter (30:20)
KATHLEEN SAID:Data drives what has been working, but you have to leave room for new trends and patterns. Click To Tweet You need to say what you want to say whether or not anyone is reading it. Click To Tweet Data doesn't matter when you're really trusting your gut about what's next. Click To Tweet Show up and do the work regardless of the metrics. Click To Tweet I started using metrics when I was ready to uplevel my business. Click To Tweet
EMILY SAID:Metrics give you a good look at what's going on in your online business at any given moment. Click To Tweet Metrics allow you to make really good decisions about your business based on past performance. Click To Tweet You're not going to be ahead of the curve if you're always looking in the rearview mirror. Click To Tweet Use metrics as a way to give yourself permission to brainstorm other things that could work. Click To Tweet Metrics are one tool you can use to move forward, but they're not the only tool. Click To Tweet
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Tara Gentile
- Boss Crush: Chelsea Handler
- Being Boss Episode #79 // Goal Setting: The Chalkboard Method
- The Chalkboard Method for Goal Setting
- Being Boss Episode #50 // Meet Edgar with Laura Roeder
- Gary Vaynerchuk
More from Kathleen:
More from Emily:
- Indie Shopography
- Toolkits: a subscription service for guidance & tools to help you run your business like a boss, delivered straight to your inbox
- free Online Business Webinar Series
- Indie Tactics newsletter: free exclusive biz tips and tricks
Connect with us on Instagram:
- Being Boss Podcast – @beingbossclub
- Kathleen – @andkathleen
- Emily – @EmilyM_Thompson