Does the thought of talking about money with your friends make you *cringe*? You’re not alone! Less than 1/2 of Americans feel comfortable discussing money with their peers (and we know similar taboos are a global thing).
But boss, that’s what business besties are for!
This week we’re stepping in as your de-facto biz bestie – and you know we’re not afraid to talk about money.
Though quirky Aquarius season might be calling you to abandon mundane tasks and throw caution to the wind, it can be helpful to stick with the money basics like budgeting, cultivating a healthy money mindset, and focusing on doing more and spending less. That doesn’t mean you can’t find other ways to embrace this new energetic season.
Keep scrolling to read more about companies that seem to keep winning no matter what, ways to help get you paid in 2022, and updates on the latest tax rules and tools.
#Winning Despite it All
- Chip shortage?! (No, not those kinds of chips.) How Intel came out on top of supply chain issues. (article)
- Sustainable footwear company, Allbirds, has faced some hard times recently. But what $2 billion dollar company hasn’t? (article)
- A lot of us swore off jeans and any other ‘hard pants’ for most of 2021. Looks like it didn’t stick. (article)
- Misfit Market’s founder saw an opportunity in reducing massive amounts of food waste. (article)
- Aww Sam’s Samantha Ushiro shows us that donuts = $$$. Plus her Instagram is freaking adorable. (article + video + instagram account)
- Success doesn’t happen overnight. After 12 years, Athletic Greens is valued at $1.2 billion with help from a recent boost in investments. (article)
- Can’t remember your password? Don’t worry. 1Password can do that for you! Consumers are loving a more secure way to store logins.(article)
Tips N’ Tricks for Gettin’ Paid
- Mike Michalowicz’s 5 tips to increase your profits. Breathe, you can do it! (article)
- Pricing, the eternal small biz struggle. Jasmine Star shares how to make sales at any price point. (article)
- Speaking of pricing, do you need to raise your prices? Here’s how to do it without pissing off loyal customers. (article)
- Lingering unpaid invoices are the pits. Read up on how to get paid FASTER. (article)
- Valentine’s Day isn’t only about lovey vibes, it’s also about cold, hard cash for businesses. Prep your Instagram for shoppers! (article)
- Thinking about expanding into revenue with video content? Squarespace has some opinions on how to make it do. (article)
In The Community
- Can you take on more client work to increase revenue? Emma Peacock graciously shared her spreadsheet for estimating client capacities. (community post)
- Looking for a money coach? Rachelle Siebke just launched her new welcome series and money guide with the help of fellow bosses, Farran Tabrizi and Eman Ismail! (community post)
- We all love a good freebie! Samuel Fierro just launched a free website opt-in. He’d love your feedback, boss. (community post)
And Finally Taxes
- Biometrics and taxes? The IRS has begun to require users to submit to facial recognition to access their accounts. (article)
- Did you show your team how much you appreciate them with holiday gifts in 2022? You might be able to deduct them! (article)
- Taxes don’t have to be scary. 19 tax credits that can help you out this tax season. (article)
- Have you received payments via Paypal, Venmo, or other cash apps this year? There are some new tax reporting requirements you should be aware of. (article)
- Not in the US? Here’s one for our Canadian sole proprietor bosses! (article)
|What can podcasters and listeners do to make their podcast experience better? In this episode, Emily of Being Boss chats with JJ Ramberg, co-founder of Goodpods. They discuss the predicted trends for podcasting in 2022, how to find better episodes in a saturated industry, and how creators can monetize their podcasts.|
Want to see all upcoming events and join in? Join the FREE Being Boss Community.
Tuesday, February 3 at 4pm ET
Being Boss Community (Clubhouse Only)
Monday, February 7 at 2pm ET (every Monday)
Being Boss Community (open to all members)