Community Is The Answer
Find your people, support, and funding.
As a creative entrepreneur or small business owner, finding your community is a critical factor in your success. Our community at Being Boss is a prime example of why community is so important – the benefits are endless! From the power of networking and access to resources like mentorship and training to the inspiration and feedback you’ll receive, community is a recipe for growth and acceleration.
But the benefits of community don’t end there. Community funding is a game-changer for entrepreneurs, as it provides a way to develop new revenue streams and achieve success. Crowdfunding has become a popular method for small businesses to secure funding. Plus, platforms like Substack, Paetron, and Podia are leading the way in community-funded content, from newsletters and podcasts to courses. The support of your community can be the key to unlocking the full potential of your business and bringing your creative vision to life.
- The entrepreneurial journey can get lonely at times. It is important to take time to nurture supportive connections, grow your business with beneficial partnerships, and build new relationships. (podcast)
- Being social has a huge impact on your quality of life. It also impacts your business because if you aren’t taking care of yourself as a human, you can’t operate fully as a business owner. (article)
- How can you cultivate a community that grows with and supports you and your business? Learn lessons and insights from 7 business owners about creating communities. (article)
- Does your business purpose align with your communities purpose? If it doesn’t, your selling and marketing strategy might need a shift. (podcast + article)
- Crowdfunding isn’t new, but when done right it is a great way to let a committed community invest in making your new venture or idea a reality. (article)
- Take collaboration to the next level and co-create with your customers. Giving your community the opportunity to influence what you produce gives you access to great first-hand feedback. (article)
- What is your content worth to your community? Tara McMullin breaks down the role money plays in how we value information and how this one element can add value to your content or information products. (podcast)
- Interested in creating community-funded work? Patreon is the leading platform for creators that want to connect with a community and get paid for their work. Learn how to get started and determine if it is the right move for you. (article)
- Subtle merch is making waves with fandoms and stans everywhere. These “coded” merch items let community members signal their insider status. (article)
Total Wellness For Remote Professionals
Work Club is an inclusive community of remote professionals working worldwide. Our guides host daily, small-group virtual coworking sprints that protect time for you to do distraction-free work with the added accountability of working around others. Join for free and enjoy a session on us.
- After raising their prices, Shopify has announced over 100 product updates to help keep its users ahead of the curve. (article)
- Klayvio users will be happy to hear that they will also be getting some product updates that are designed to convert more visitors, drive more revenue, and optimize your account. (article)
- Airtable is launching a revamped community along with its new enhancements and product updates. (article)
- Disney is the latest in the long list of companies that have laid-off thousands of employees. CEO Bob Iger included the cuts in a company restructuring intended to save $5.5 billion in costs. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.