Better Late Than Never
At least that’s what they say. It’s recommended that most retail and maker businesses start preparing for the Christmas holiday season 2-3 months in advance. And though it might be too late for some things like ordering more stock before Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, it’s not too late to give your holiday marketing plan one last zhush, make sure your website looks fantastic, stock up on gift wrap, or block some days on your calendar for a little R&R.
The early bird might get the biggest worm, but there’s still plenty to go around. Don’t forget these other important shopping holidays throughout the rest of the year. Even if this isn’t your best holiday season ever, you’ve got plenty of chances throughout the year to make big bucks by doing a little prep work.
So roll up your sleeves and tackle what you can before you miss out on the busiest season of the year. Enjoy these holiday-related links and some money tips that can benefit your biz year-round.
Get Into The Holiday Spirit
- Shoppers are planning to shop small. Here are some ideas for you to capitalize on in-store and online sales. (article)
- The proof is in the numbers, these Black Friday and Cyber Monday stats don’t lie– see how and when shoppers are planning to spend their dough this year. (article)
- Make sure you’re promoting your deals. Convertkit has some interesting tips for upping your email marketing game. (article)
- Don’t forget social media, if you’re using it. Your followers will want to know about your upcoming seasonal specials. (article)
- Do you own a brick-and-mortar shop? If you’re tired of the same old merchandising, check out these holiday retail display ideas to try this year. (article)
- Is your team feeling overwhelmed? Read about how other business leaders regain control amidst holiday chaos. (article)
- Give them a break. Nothing helps calm nerves like a break. Plan for your team’s time off like a pro. (article)
Marketing Without Social Media
Do you hate promoting your business on social media but feel you have no choice? Here’s the good news: You can build a thriving business without social media! It’s possible and on November 29th, you can learn how!
Join us and The Chattery for a Build A Thriving Business Without Social Media workshop on November 29th. Presented by Johanna Renoth of Bye, Social Media!, this workshop will show you how to create a marketing plan you are excited about with channels that support your strengths.
This workshop is free to Being Boss Clubhouse members and available to everyone else for just $35!
Get the details and learn how to attend here >>
Year-Round Money Advice
- What are your financial goals? If you’re unsure, start with these 3. (article)
- Get your story straight. Your money mindset can set you up to succeed or fall short. (podcast)
- Go from old school to new school with a lesson in mobile commerce. Already selling online? Here are 13 things you can do to make more money online. (article)
- Hybrid shopping is one trend that we think will last. Learn more about how you can engage customers that transition seamlessly between in-store and online shopping. (article)
- The price is right… or is it? Make sure your pricing is on point with these strategies to find what works for your business. (article)
Starting Your Own Podcast?*
Is creating your own podcast on your business roadmap? Get everything you need to host, promote, and track your podcast with Buzzsprout!
With advanced podcast statistics, dynamic content, automatic episode optimization, and up-to-date resources, Buzzsprout is the easiest way to start podcasting.
Get 90 days free plus a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade to a paid plan >>
*We are affiliate partners of our friends at Buzzsprout.com.
- Adobe put Pantone colors in a corner. More accurately, they put them behind a paywall and it’s causing everyone’s files to turn black. (article)
- Searching is a snap with Etsy’s new image search feature. (article)
- You can now buy the coveted ‘blue check’ from Twitter. But what happens when anyone can be verified? (article and Instagram)
- Youtube creators will soon be able to go live. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.