Finding THe Lesson
Being able to learn from your mistakes is a very boss habit. It takes being able to reflect on the choices you made and the undesired consequences; determining how or what you’d like to change moving forward. This might sound like common sense but no one enjoys making mistakes or the added frustration they bring. But without doing a little bit of extra work, that is all your mistakes will ever be: an obstacle, a set back, or an inconvenience to your plans.
Finding the lesson in your mistakes doesn’t happen automatically, and many have not mastered the ability of learning from their own mistakes. Self awareness and the effort of reflection must be applied to find the lesson. In the last episode of Mistakes That Made Me, Emily chatted with host Eman Ismail about finding lessons in the mistakes we make in business and how those mistakes can actually lead to some of the best outcomes.
Building a business and life you love is about forging your own path, making your own mistakes, and learning lessons. This week we’ve got you covered with stories and tips to help you along the way.
- We all make typos, but has a typo ever cost you big bucks? Crypto.com mistakenly gave a customer $7.2M instead of the $100 refund owed because of a typo. (article)
- Being a small business owner and making mistakes can bring new challenges, these 3 tips can help you overcome whatever is in your way. (article)
- Thousands have made the mistake of falling for a recent IG phishing scam, here is what you need to know to avoid it. (article)
- Sharing what we’ve learned from our mistakes as entrepreneurs and creatives can be a great way to give back to our communities and establish authority with your audience. This video shares 7 lessons that were learned by making mistakes first. (video + article)
Be Boss, Share Your Thoughts
Do you have ideas for future content you’d like to see us create? Now’s your chance to share them with us! Take our annual audience survey now. It only takes a few minutes and we review every single submission. This is your chance to help us give you more of what you need from what we do.
- When it comes to making change and finding success in your business, we can’t recommend adopting this mindset enough. (podcast)
- ICYMI, Patagonia changed up their ownership structure and further proved you can use your business to make the impact that most matters to you. (article)
- Changing the ways you make money can open up more possibilities for how you live and work. Learn how one musician diversified revenue streams to make more consistent income and gain stability. (video)
- The 7-year-old internet sensation, Tariq, may have changed your feelings about corn or at least brought a smile to your face. His 15 minutes of fame is changing his life as well. He was recently named South Dakota’s official Corn-bassador. (article)
LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR BEST WEEK EVER!
This free 5-day event for burned-out entrepreneurs kicks off on Monday and features over 25 amazing speakers who are ready to teach you how to get out of burnout and overwhelm, redefine a business that works for you now and create a repeatable system that is intentional, focused, and profitable.
You’re going to hear from Emily on using a CEO day to show your business who’s boss as well as some amazing experts like, Amber McCue, Radiah Rhodes, Racheal Cook – and so many more!
- After a long stint as a serious competitor in the digital design space, Figma will be acquired by Adobe for a cool $20 billion, as long as the FTC doesn’t step in. (article)
- Watch out Google! Canva is launching a new suite of workplace products to make visual collaboration more effective. Catch a sneak peek of the Visual Worksuite. (articles)
- First it was IG copying TikTok. Now TikTok’s newest feature sure feels a lot like the popular social media app BeReal. (article)
- Many platforms have launched creator funds and now Amazon is throwing its hat in the ring in hopes of growing Amp, its live radio app. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.