Promote Your Best Self
Maybe you don’t immediately sense the connection between marketing and those dreaded fraudy feelings, but it can be hard to market your business, product, or services if you’re experiencing doubt and uncertainty.
What’s most important for both conquering imposter syndrome and completing a kickass marketing plan is that you don’t give up.
At Being Boss, we love to talk about fraudy feelings and the mindset shifts you can make to move past them. If you want your marketing to be aligned with your brand and values, you will have to face those feelings head on.
Do you want your marketing to loudly and proudly proclaim how great your products or services are? Do you want to leave your mark on the world?
You bet you do! And even if you’re still feeling insecure, you can create authentic marketing that reflects how amazing you are, boss.
Make an Impression With Your Marketing
- Considering doing more blogging this year? (It’s great for your SEO!) Here’s a little inspo to spark designs and content. (article)
- Showstopping hooks can be a part of all content, like blogs, newsletters, social posts – you name it! Borrow these 4 effective hooks. (article)
- Which came first? Your branding or your logo? Learn why the ideas behind your branding matter more than your logo. (article)
- How do you measure marketing success? The ever changing marketing landscape may require you to try a new process. (article)
- Let’s get weird! Kind (the snack bar brand) definitely thought outside the wrapper for this marketing campaign. (article)
- Most content also needs a CTA to get your customers to take that next step. Enjoy this free guide to creating call-to-actions. (download)
- Considering delegating your marketing emails? Here’s some tips to help you choose the best team member for the job. (article)
Be Your Own SEO Pro
|These days, if you have a business, it’s almost guaranteed that you have a website. And that website requires maintenance to perform its best – and we’re not just talking about the design and functionality.|
If you want to increase traffic (and leads), your website needs consistent SEO audits and updates as well. It can be the difference between being seen and being left in the dark.
Ahref’s FREE Webmaster Tools make it easier than ever to audit your site and identify ways to get your page ranking higher!
It’s just one more little way to help your website work smarter for your biz.
*This is sponsored by our friends at Ahrefs.
If It Doesn’t Serve You, Let It Go
- Stagnation is the opposite of #beingboss. Marie Forleo breaks down how to turn on your “beast mode” and rack up accomplishments. (video)
- For the freelancing boss: check out these insights on how to move past doubt and flourish. (article)
- Those fraudy feelings might be stemming from some other thing your intuition is trying to tell you. Learn to explore that feeling and follow your intuition. (article)
- For the boss with a 9-5, Linkedin just added 13 new ways to describe an employment gap. (And we think they show real growth in navigating this new world.) (article)
- What’s stealing your joy and making you feel *less than*? How about you take a break from comparing your business and yourself to others. (article + video)
- You know what makes us feel boss? Creating a workspace that just feels right and is sustainable. Here’s a list of sustainable desks to get you started. (article)
Bosses, it’s time – we’re having our *FIRST* local meet-up in Being Boss’s hometown, Chattanooga, TN, and YOU’RE INVITED! Join us on Friday, March 11, 2022 from 5-7 pm EST.
To RSVP for the Chattanooga meet-up, click here.
And we’re not stopping there! Join Emily and fellow bosses for a meet-up in downtown Los Angeles! Join us on Wednesday, March 23, 2022 from 6-8 pm PST.
To RSVP for the LA meet-up, click here.
In the Community
- Community members Celia Coughlin-Surridge and Gabrielle Blades are teaming up to host a workshop to help you launch your brand in just 3 months! Learn more + register.
- Sara McCormick wants to share a free email course with you. If you’re interested in self-discovery and restorative practices, it may be right for you!
- Check out this article written by a Community member and published by another member, Kim Dow, in Sass Magazine.
|What’s the difference between boundaries, expectations, and standards? While all three are must-haves in business, knowing when and how to use them is important for everyone. In this episode, Emily and Kathleen discuss the importance of setting boundaries and upholding your standards.|
Want to see all upcoming events and join in? Join the FREE Being Boss Community.
Friday, March 11 at 1pm ET
Being Boss Community (Clubhouse Only)
Friday, March 11 at 2pm ET
Being Boss Community (open to all members)