It’s Time To Rest
There is more to being a boss than just doing the work. You also have to take care of yourself. We’re not talking about just taking an Advil when you have a headache and then getting right back to work. There’s a reason that self-care + health care is one of the core Being Boss foundations. When you treat your body and mind right, you’re able to show up and be more boss.
Whether you are tired, burned out, or physically ill (hello, Covid!), it’s okay to step back from your business to take care of yourself. Your business will still be there waiting for you when you’re back and feeling rested.
But we’re also here to tell you that it’s important to recognize what kind of break you need. Everyone is different. Some people thrive when they can put their feet in the sand at the beach for a long weekend. Some people need a quiet cabin alone in the woods for a week before they can feel recharged. And then there are some of us where even the sheer thought of traveling drains us even more, so a staycation at home and curled up with a dog for a few days is just what the doctor ordered.
If you need a little more help, we’ve gathered some resources to help you find ways to relax, rest, and reset.
Also…drink some water.
Unplug And Take A Vacation
- How to take a vacation when you run a small business. (article)
- If you are the traveling type, these trip planning apps might be the perfect tool for you. (article)
- If staying at home is more your speed, check out these ideas and tips for how to maximize your time off at home. (article)
- Sometimes a good book is all you need. Here are 25 books that are perfect beach + summer vacation reads. (article)
- Burnout sucks, but there are some ways you can help yourself avoid it. (article)
Unwind And Recharge
- Falling asleep isn’t always easy. If you need some help, check out these 20 expert-approved methods for falling asleep quickly. (article)
- Don’t settle for work when you’re bored. Have fun and relax with these 99 ideas for when you’re restless. (article)
- Why you need a spiritual bath in your life and how to draw one. (article)
- If you’ve never tried meditating before, here are 9 practices for beginners. (article)
- Sometimes all you need is to work up a sweat. Use your Myers-Briggs personality type to figure out the perfect workout for you. (article)
Join Us In Chattanooga
We’re hosting a local Being Boss Meet-Up in Chattanooga this Thursday, June 23 from 5-7pm ET at Night Pearl and we’d love for you to join us.
Let’s grab some drinks and tasty snacks while we catch up!
- Nearly 400,000 women joined the labor force in May, and women of color led the charge. (article)
- Our friends at Podia have launched a free plan. Get your website, build your community, and sell your digital products for free. (article)
- LinkedIn is seeing ‘record levels’ of engagement, and here are the types of posts
- that are most effective. (article)
- Notion wants to help you keep better track of your time, which is why it just acquired the calendar app, Cron. (article)
- In case you need more ways to listen to audiobooks, Spotify wants to offer them to their listeners. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.