What a Tangled Web We Weave
Have you been overwhelmed by the latest innovations of the internet? Trust us, you’re not alone. Words like “NFTs”, “blockchain”, and “metaverse” popped up seemingly overnight and quickly spread like wildfire.
Love it or hate it, the internet is a constantly evolving place. Web 3.0 is coming in hot (in one way or another), and despite the best attempts of the gaming community, the new technologies that have cluttered the web lately are here to stay.
But even if you’re not ready to hang out with your friends in a virtual world, the internet is continuing to prove itself useful with new ways to make our lives and jobs easier.
This week, we’ve gathered resources that use the latest tech to make you and your business more efficient.
Make Your Job Easier
- Slack has introduced tons of new features over the past year as they aim to be an all-in-one team communication platform. (article)
- Hiring doesn’t have to be hard. Here’s how to optimize your AI hiring tools plus 5 companies that say their AI tools can improve your overall experience. (articles)
- Wordpress 5.9 has been unveiled, and it includes full-site editing that makes it easy to build a highly customized site without ever touching code. (article)
- Level up cross-team collaboration: say hello to Asana Flow. (article)
The Evolution of the Web
- Digital and physical experiences are blending more than ever before, and the annual Webby Award trends report confirms it. (article)
- Ecommerce and the Metaverse are about to go hand-in-hand, so here are some ways that your brand can thrive. (article)
- AI Supercomputers are building the Metaverse because we apparently learned nothing from The Terminator. (article)
- Working remotely is here to stay, and the big tech companies have admitted that they’ll lose valuable talent if they don’t offer it. (article)
- Email open rates are dead. It’s time to learn how to optimize messages for clicks in a post-iOS 15 world. (article)
But It Might Be Getting Out of Hand
- As the Crypto market continues to nosedive, a new “crypto winter” may be on the way. (article)
- Instagram quietly limits the ‘daily time limit’ option, seemingly manipulating users to stick around longer. (article)
- Spotify has acquired Podsights and Chartable as they seek to control every aspect of the podcast industry. (article)
- Y2022K? Updates in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge could break some websites. (article)
- The IRS’s use of facial recognition is being abandoned as they have announced an end to the controversial program. (article)
In the Community
- Do you love free stuff? Check out our SEO challenge and giveaway sponsored by Ahrefs! But hurry, giveaway ends 2/25. (community post)
- Got a killer method of organizing content for repurpose? It’d be cool if you shared it with the group. (community post)
- Did you catch Gabrielle + Tasha’s live about intuitive tools for business? If not, watch the replay now. (Instagram post)
- Mandy Sinclair is looking for a graphic designer. Inquire ASAP! (community post)
|If you can no longer keep up with all the work in your business, it might be time to consider hiring. In this episode, Emily and Corey of the Being Boss team talk about how to hire employees when growing your business. They share the different types of employees to work with, how to prepare for your first hire, and tips for building effective employee relationships.|
Want to see all upcoming events and join in? Join the FREE Being Boss Community.