Boss Meet-Up 📍 Los Angeles
Join Emily for cocktails in downtown LA on Wednesday, March 23! We’re going dutch for some decadent drinks and snacks while catching up or getting to know one another.
To RSVP for the LA meet-up, click here.
Don’t Forget *Your* Money
|Inflation, record-breaking deals, and the “return” of retail… it’s easy to see it’s time for an email all about money, boss.|
And not to simply give you the view from the boss lens, but this week we also want to help you find a little bit of peace around the topic of finances.
Because with everything that’s going on in the world, it’s easy to forget to bring your focus back home to yourself, to your business, to your family, and – for the purpose of this email – to your own bank account.
Don’t let the world distract you from working towards your goals. Don’t let it keep you from believing that you’ve got this.
Keep taking the steps towards your version of success.
And we tell you this not to encourage you to turn a blind eye to where you’re needed *out there*, but to support you in finding the space to hold the big vision and the daily work, too.
Because, as you’ll see – if retail can make it through the past two years and come back vying for attention, you and your bank account can surely continue making little steps in the right direction.
Money + Your Biz
- Let’s start by kicking money fear. Then we can move on from there. (video + article)
- Inflation is real real right now, in case you’re living in a cave. Here are 7 ways small business owners can cope with it. (article)
- If you take appointments in your business, you might be losing money. Here’s an idea: don’t. (article)
- Pay yourself. Period. If that’s a struggle, start with monthly payouts. (article)
A Restoration of Retail
- Retail is making a big comeback, with 2022 being a year to go hard or go home. (article)
- Shop owners adjusted to the mobile world, but are leaving customer service behind – to their own detriment. (article)
- For a bit of next-gen inspo, Amazon is going next-level tech with an upcoming retail concept. (article)
- Buyer trends will continue to shape retail in interesting ways. (article)
- And social behavior will continue to affect how we shop online, too. Hint: so much social. (article)
The Daily Good
If you’re enjoying this newsletter, check out The Daily Good, a daily newsletter with recommendations for being kinder to yourself and the planet.
In the Community
- Were you on top of your financial record keeping last year? If not, Community member Rachelle Siebke is offering a free session to review and improve your systems!
- After you get real about your money situation, try naming your fraudy feelings and welcoming the support of your fellow bosses.
Want to see all upcoming events and join in? Join the FREE Being Boss Community.
|New Member Orientation|
Thursday, March 17 at 5pm ET
Being Boss Community (Open to all members)
Friday, March 18 at 1pm ET
Being Boss Community (open to all members)