The Halfway Mark
Anyone who works in retail or better yet, runs a retail business can tell you, it’s time to start planning for the rest of the year and the holidays. 😳 Your first instinct might be to check inventory and order supplies to make sure you have plenty of stock for shoppers. Or maybe you’re rushing to finalize a new online course or creating a listing for a new service. But what about your marketing? When’s the last time you checked on how your email list, paid ads, and social posts are doing?
If you don’t immediately know the answer, take this as a sign to pause and set aside some time in the coming weeks to review and refresh your marketing for Q3 + Q4. If you’re ready to try something new or want to improve the marketing systems you already have in place, we’ve got you covered with this week’s links.
Jiving + Thriving
- Step #1 – Know what your customer needs. Identifying pain points is key to effective marketing. (article)
- Own your values. 30% of U.S. consumers are motivated to buy from companies that are purpose-driven. (article)
- Marketing on a budget? Check out these tips on how to market your biz for free! (article)
- Kick things up a notch by re-tooling your SEO and paid ads strategies. (article)
- When it comes to emails, do you send and pray? There’s a better way. (article)
- Change the (marketing) channel. Here are 13 marketing channels that Shopify recommends for eCommerce growth. (article)
- Posting sometimes? Turns out the old saying “consistency is key” still applies to new things like social media. (article)
- Unsure of your social marketing ROI? Pause your ads for a week to determine your baseline. (article)
- Do you need a tool for that? These tools can help you tame the content creation beast. (article)
- Get in touch with trends by browsing what’s hot on TikTok right now. (database)
- New privacy measures leaving your targeted ads in the dark? Meta is working on developing a new ‘Basic Ads’ product for Facebook. (article)
Get Exclusive Workshops + Classes Inside The Clubhouse
No matter how long you’ve been on your biz journey, things will continue to change.
So how do you keep up? By staying informed and continuing to educate yourself!
As a member of the Being Boss Clubhouse, you can attend LIVE events on relevant topics with actionable advice from experts that are doing the work too! Plus, you gain access to our library of replays that include sessions from Brigit Esselmont, Mike Michalowicz, Tara McMullin, Andréa Jones, and more.
And the best part? You can check it all out now with our FREE 14-day trial.
- Team Coco is now Team SiriusXM. The satellite radio company recently bought Conan O’Brien’s podcast network for $150 million. (article)
- Ebay and NFTS? You can now buy your digital collectibles in the same place you buy your real ones. (article)
- Pinterest is upping the social shopping game by acquiring The Yes, an AI-powered shopping platform. Soon, users will be able to shop from a personalized feed based on their input and preferences. (article)
- TikTok launched TikTok LIVE subscriptions. This new program will allow creators to generate revenue from top fans. Is dancing the new side hustle? (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.