Biggest Boss Struggle
Do you feel like there aren’t enough hours in your day? Have you looked at your calendar and wondered where the week or even the month went? You aren’t alone, boss. In fact, according to a Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index Survey, 57% of small business owners in the US are working 6 days a week and 20% are working all week long.
Even in our most recent audience survey, time management came out on top when bosses shared what they’re currently struggling with in their businesses.
When you started your business, you were likely looking for some freedom or at least something different than a standard 9-to-5. We know your ideal day is possible and we know that you can achieve it. Whether you are clocking more hours than you’d like in your business and still can’t seem to get ahead or you’re struggling to balance your full-time job and your side hustle, we’ve got you covered with links and resources to help you consider your approach to managing your time.
- Checking in on the health of your boundaries is the first thing you should do when you start to feel like you don’t have enough time for the things that matter. (podcast)
- If you need help creating boundaries, this worksheet will help you get started with identifying what you want to protect. (worksheet)
- Our time can quickly be consumed by social media and all our electronic devices if we let it. Fight back with boundaries and watch your productivity increase. (article)
- When it comes to productivity, the things you don’t do matter just as much as the things you do! (video)
- Are you losing valuable time getting hung up on making decisions? Learn Emily’s secret for making decisions with ease. (video training)
Is Podcasting In Your Future?*
Are you dreaming of starting your very own podcast? Get everything you need to host, promote, and track your podcast with Buzzsprout!
With advanced podcast statistics, dynamic content, automatic episode optimization, and up-to-date resources, Buzzsprout is the easiest way to start podcasting.
Get 90 days free plus a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade to a paid plan >>
*We are affiliate partners of our friends at Buzzsprout.com.
- The truth is that productivity doesn’t look the same for everyone. Learning how to practice compassionate productivity might be the shift you need. (article)
- Your productivity is directly tied to your energy levels. If trying to manage your time hasn’t worked for you in the past, take a look at your energy instead. (article)
- Making sure you are getting enough rest to boost your energy and productivity levels is important, but what type of rest do you need? (article)
- If time management and productivity are your greatest obstacle, here are six ways you could turn it into an opportunity. (article)
- Still need help to overcome the challenge of managing your time? Give yourself a challenge for 30 days. (article)
Looking For Accountability?
Join us in the Being Boss Community and find the support you need from like minded creative bosses. You can talk business in our Monday Meet-Ups or find the accountability you need in a Virtual Coworking session.
The Being Boss Community is a fun, inclusive, and supportive space for creative business owners to get together, talk about business, help each other find solutions, and grow.
The best part? It’s completely free to join.
- The argument around the GIF is about to shift from what’s the correct pronunciation to if this file format is irrelevant or not. (article)
- Paypal recently made an update to its Acceptable Use Policy that caused quite a stir. Even if you don’t use Paypal, this is a good reminder to read and understand what can happen to your money. (article)
- Do you host a Facebook group? On October 20, 2022, you can tune into the virtual Facebook Communities Summit to learn about new features and products that will help you build and group your group. (event)
- Linkedin is leveling up. They recently announced new features including post templates and pinned comments. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.