When Doing The Work Feels Difficult
Strategies for the recession and your content
Wearing All The Hats
Which of the following is the hardest part of running a business? Publicity/marketing, making money, creating content, or task/time management? Trick question…they all equally suck (unless one is your zone of genius, of course). I sat down to write this newsletter with the topic being focused on one of those four things, but I just couldn’t decide which one deserved more attention because they are all so important for being successful in business.
Perhaps you’ve come across the magic recipe for killing the content creation game, but you’re struggling to monetize it; or maybe you have a winning personality that makes attracting an online following feel like a breeze, but you just can’t seem to get much else done each day. It can feel like a neverending marathon trying to master all four of these, but we’re here to tell you that it’s not impossible. Sometimes you just need a little guidance!
That’s where this edition of Brewed comes in. We’ve scoured the internet to find the freshest tools, tips, articles, and resources to get you on the path to success.
P.S. Love Being Boss content? You’ll want to join Emily in the Community tomorrow at 5:30pm ET! Whether you’re a long-time member of our community, or just discovering Being Boss for the first time, this is your chance to help shape the future of what we do. Learn more >>
Rethink yOUR cONTENT strategy
- There’s nothing quite like the thrill of victory and competition. It’s why gamification is usually a winning strategy. (article)
- Not everything you’ve read about creating content is true, and it’s time to move on from these nine fundamental myths. (article)
- Words are a big part of marketing products online, so you need to know how to write words that sell. (article)
- Content strategy changes for each stage of a sales funnel. Here are 17 content options for each stage of the sales journey. (Infographic)
- Social media trends and algorithms are constantly evolving, so Sprout Social has gathered a list of 23 social media best practices to succeed in 2023. (article)
- The commerce industry has been a roller coaster these last few years, and these 11 key ecommerce trends are likely to show up this year. (article)
Economy-Proof Your Business
- Make your website work for you with these 14 actionable steps to monetize your website. (article)
- Inflation and recessions certainly make it harder to sell a product, but there are things you can do to ensure your audience that you offer a must-have product or service. (article)
- Online reviews provide social proof, establish your expertise, and build trust. Here are 8 ways you can generate customer reviews for your brand. (article)
- Believe it or not, entrepreneurs actually have a history of thriving during times of economic uncertainty. (article)
- Recessions can be scary for business owners, but by using these 3 principles, you and your business can survive them. (article)
Want to improve your SEO rankings and attract more customers to your website? Join our SEO Show + Tell, a 60-minute live session, and learn practical and straightforward techniques to give your SEO a boost. This event is exclusive to Clubhouse members of the Being Boss Community.
Not a member yet? You can sign up for a 14-day trial and join us for the event.
- Remember how AI chat programs kind of blew up out of nowhere recently? As with basically everything else ever, scammers are now using it to spread malware. (article)
- YouTube has always been a great platform for growing a podcast, but now they are officially introducing Podcasts to YouTube Music. (article)
- And the survey says…that merchants are frustrated with fees and tech issues. (article)
- The world may be one step closer to embracing a shorter workweek, as the results of a UK-based study highlight the overwhelmingly positive benefits of reduced work hours. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.