This Brew’s Hot
Too hot to sip? Nah… just sip slowly, or risk getting what Emily calls “new mouth.”
Ok, not really – but really, this newsletter has become one of the hottest things we’ve created for you in a while. You love it! And we appreciate you letting us know, and for sharing it with your boss friends.
We love putting this email together for you, and this week we’re here to share what you love most about what we’ve shared over the past quarter.
It’s your finger on the pulse of what matters most to bosses like you.
Enjoy! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ICYMI: Links Worth Clicking
- 1 – We weren’t joking when we said that bosses love planners. You all CLICKED UP our recent list of recommendations from bosses in the community. Here’s a recap of your favorites (not affiliate links, just love):
- 2 – You were all so interested in this weird marketing campaign by Taco Bell… and we know several of you took them up on their offer, which we totally love. (article)
- 3 – You were just as into this update at LinkedIn that it had us wondering how we could make tacos and freelancing work together. (article)
- 4 – Creating a morning routine is important to you, let’s definitely make sure it’s unapologetically yours and not a copy of some hack you heard about on a podcast. (article)
- 5 – Of course social media is going to be on this list, because you’re always wanting to know what you need to do right now to make it work for you. (article)
- 6 – Now just to make things weird, you paired that with a need to see why a brand decided to QUIT social media. (article)
- 7 – And we’ll wrap up with your desire to know how to make your content go further by creating content for multiple platforms. (article)
ICYMI: Hot Pods
- 1 – Is hustle good or bad? That’s the boss question, and we dove into the answer to help you come to terms. (podcast)
- 2 – Most people don’t get the difference, but your market, audience, and community are not the same thing – but don’t worry, we’re here to clear it up. (podcast)
- 3 – One of our faves was yours too, because interviewing Alana Fairchild about rituals for creativity was a highlight of our tenure as podcasters. (podcast)
- 4 – Bosses need to stay informed – I mean, it’s why we started this newsletter! – and our dive into that topic with the boss who helped us create this newsletter proved to be a must-listen. (podcast)
- 5 – Manifesting is always a hot topic, and our recent episode about manifesting with crystals was no exception. PS – We love you for being woo. (podcast)
ICYMI: Bosses <3 Bosses
- 1 – Accountability is the magic of joining a community, and this thread had bosses sharing their must-dos by year-end, in case you need it too. (community post)
- 2 – Being boss is a journey in learning new things, which we shared in a self-care prompt as a way to celebrate how far we’ve come. (community post)
- 3 – We love book recommendations, and they don’t always have to be about business. Bosses love to read for fun, too. (community post)
- 4 – Who wants to support makers? Bosses do! (community post)
- 5 – A boss gets their first tarot deck and it becomes an all-out celebration. (community post)
Did you know? The Being Boss Community is free! Join in here.
The Biggest Planning Day is Coming!
Kicking off the year with a plan is a MUST for every boss, no matter how big or small, and no matter how fresh or seasoned you may be.
You must carve out time to work ON your business, and we know that can be a daunting task in itself.
This is why we created CEO Day Kit, a set of tools to guide you through 12 months of business planning in just 1 day.
It is the space and the guidance you need to turn your plans into a roadmap that shapes your coming year.
Now the question is: are you ready to do the work?
Plus! Emily is going live on January 11, 2022 with all CEO Day Kit users to guide you through each step, answer your questions, and hold space for you to show up and do the work. More info coming soon!
|In this first episode of a 2-part reflection series, Emily and Kathleen, the co-founders of Being Boss sit down to chat about 2021. Even though they now have separate companies, these two business besties share their unique lessons over the past year as business owners. They review what foundations are keeping them going, what didn’t work, and how they’re looking forward to thriving next year.|
Want to see all upcoming events and joining in? Join the FREE Being Boss Community.
Monday, January 3 at 2pm ET (every Monday)
Being Boss Community (open to all members)