It’s All A Game
To be successful in any game you must own who you are, know what you want, and make it happen. You must be able to adapt to the current situation and ever-changing landscape to keep your footing steady and find your way forward. This week on the podcast, Emily related finding success in business to a game. And while it might be a game of higher risks than some, it can still be a fun one.
In order to have the most fun playing any game, you must have an understanding of the rules. Doing so allows you to develop a strategy for playing and winning the game in a way that feels worthwhile for you. And if the game no longer feels worth playing, it might be time to quivot (that’s quit + pivot, our new favorite word) to your next big endeavor.
Name Of The Game
- Finding success in your business or projects requires naming your objectives and key results. But how do you know what the right objectives are? Get the low down on OKRs and over 60 examples to inspire your own. (article + video)
- Does the thought of networking make you cringe? Flip the script and test out these non-sleazy networking strategies for building genuine relationships. (article + video)
- Stop reinventing the wheel and start repeating yourself. If you’ve got great content, maximize your impact and efficiency while repurposing it! (article + video)
- Setting yourself apart from your competition is key to owning the game. So, how do you let your clients and customers know why they want to shop with you? Hit them with your USP. (article)
- When business is slow, quitting can feel like an easier option. But not all slow seasons are a bad thing. Learn how to make the most of a slow season and set yourself up for future growth. (article)
Goodbye sOCIAL mEDIA!
Do you hate promoting your business on social media but feel you have no choice? Here’s the good news: You can build a thriving business without social media! It’s possible and on November 29th, you can learn how!
Join us and The Chattery for a Build A Thriving Business Without Social Media workshop on November 29th. Presented by Johanna Renoth of Bye, Social Media!, this workshop will show you how to create a marketing plan you are excited about with channels that support your strengths.
This workshop is free to Being Boss Clubhouse members and available to everyone else for just $35!
Get the details and learn how to attend here >>
Playing by The Rules
- If you are still up for playing by Instagram’s rules, check out this series of live events, where they’ll share tips to help you boost your sales results in the app this holiday season. (article + IG post)
- Playing the PR game can get your business featured in some serious press. Learn how to create a media-worthy story you can pitch to top-tier media. (article)
- Making a play for improved productivity in your business? It’s as simple as 3 words. (article)
- Google’s got a lot of rules. When you’re working to grow your organic traffic, you’ll want to make Google happy. Crafting winning meta descriptions for your web pages is a great place to start. (video)
Payroll, benefits, and More!
Do you wish it was easier to hire team members? Do you want to spend less time managing payroll and benefits? We’ve got the solution for you and it’s the one we use too!
Gusto is an easy, online payroll and benefits service built for modern small businesses like yours. It’s one place to pay and take care of your hardworking team.
Get 3 months free when you run your first payroll when you sign up here >>
*We are affiliate partners of our friends at Gusto.com
Call It A Quivot
- While Elon has finally stopped playing games and finalized his Twitter deal, Jack Dorsey is busy launching the beta for his new company. (article + website)
- Not quite a quivot but definitely an interesting pivot to keep your eye on. TikTok is preparing to launch a podcast app. (article)
- Does your goal-setting need a quivot? Learn why setting goals around practice over achievement can be a game-changer and might reinvigorate your goals. (article)
- For anyone who feels shame around making a quivot, here are some big names that made really hard pivots and found success. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.