You Need More Time Off
We are a little over just two weeks into the year and some of us are still getting back into the swing of things after having had some time off for the holidays; but I’d be willing to bet that all of us are already thinking the same thing: it’s time for a vacation. It’s never a bad time to schedule your next personal time away from your business, especially if you are mindfully doing it for your mental health.
We have said it time and time again: running a business can be stressful. It can take a toll on you if you don’t protect yourself; but you can get ahead of and even prevent burnout if you know what steps to take. Our first, easiest, and best recommendation that you can do right this second is to schedule some time off.
The key to creating the physical and mental white space between you and your business is to schedule it. Open up your calendar and physically create an event for it; whether it’s a multi-day trip or even a recurring afternoon off every week, put it in your calendar. Don’t let yourself forget it. Don’t leave the door open for something else to come up that you “need” to do instead.
AND DON’T DELETE IT. Don’t let yourself make other tasks a priority simply because they “have to get done.” Your health and happiness are the priority above all else.
Get Ahead of Burnout
- Emily has learned several lessons in her many years of entrepreneurship, and scheduling white space is her biggest takeaway. (article)
- Take it a step further and try scheduling white space in your daily routine. (article)
- Mind over business + body over business = better quality of life and business! (article)
- Burnout doesn’t necessarily come from how hard you work, it can also come from the change fatigue we experience when our habits and routines shift. (article)
- Ask your elders: how to be resilient in chaotic times. (article)
Take Care of Yourself
- Not sure where to focus on your mental health this year? You’re in luck! There’s now a research-backed mental health quiz to steer you in the right direction. (article + quiz)
- The self-care habits 11 successful founders are taking into 2023, like meditation, walks, and sticky notes. (article)
- If you get stressed easily, there are 3 ways to control your brain to make it more manageable. (article)
- Reset your systems. Mike Michalowicz has taken to his blog to revise some of his Clockwork strategies for better life/work balance. (article)
- There are 12 insights that every entrepreneur needs to hear about creating harmony in your work and life. (article)
What Does 2023 Hold For You?
Do you still need to figure out where your business is going in 2023? It’s time to show your business who’s boss and schedule a CEO Day. CEO Day Kit can help you make the most of that day and guide you through creating an actionable plan for the next 6-12 months ahead through the lens of what’s most important to you.
- It’s a rough time to be in the tech industry. According to the latest reports, an average of 1600 tech workers have been laid off every single day this year so far. (article)
- If you’re in the market for a new Mac, Apple has surprise announced a new M2 Mac Mini and two new MacBook Pro models, all of which will be available on January 24. (articles)
- Best Buy, Dunkin, and Starbucks have all recently changed their rewards programs, and nobody is happy about it. (article)
- YouTube may be reversing or at least amending its controversial policy to demonetize videos with swearing. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.