Take A Moment To Be Thankful
You did cool stuff this year
Celebrating Your Wins
It’s Thanksgiving time in the US; but regardless of where you live in the world, it’s never a bad time to take a moment to reflect on the things you are thankful for and celebrate the things that you have accomplished. Whether you finally decided to start your business after years of thinking about it, or you booked a big new client, or you hired your first official employee, or you created a new personal life boundary to protect yourself from burnout; we guarantee that there is something that everyone can take a moment to reflect on and be proud of for accomplishing.
And Being Boss will be the first to tell you: running a business isn’t always puppies, rainbows, and milkshakes (just ask Emily and Kathleen). There are times when every boss thinks about quitting because things have gotten too hard; but in between all of those fires that it feels like you are constantly putting out, there are also the moments where you remember why you became your own boss to begin with: the freedom, getting to make your own rules, the option to work wherever and whenever you want, and the ability to do what you love.
So take some time this week to think back to your wins, however big or small they were. Remember why you decided to take the leap into entrepreneurship (or why you are considering it) and give yourself a crisp high five.
And from Emily and the entire team at Being Boss…Happy Thanksgiving!
- If you find yourself getting caught up in the dark side of business ownership, there are 3 simple ways to enjoy your life more. (article)
- Struggling to find things to be thankful for? Here are 14 things to get you started. (article)
- How gratitude and appreciation can change your life for the better. (article)
- Speaking of gratitude, here are some tips for how to practice it as an entrepreneur. (article)
- Bad days happen. We all have times when we struggle with stress, doubt, uncertainty, failure, and challenges. Here’s how to get back up after getting knocked down. (article)
What’s bETTER tHAN a CEO dAY?
Saving nearly 50% off CEO Day Kit! That’s right! Now through Monday, you can save $100 on CEO Day Kit! Our top-selling toolkit is designed to help you step back from the day-to-day grind to make sure all your work is getting you where you most want to go. No code required.
Get your CEO Day Kit here >>
Keep Things Positive
- Sometimes a routine is all you need to find peace during the holidays. (article)
- Negative energy can creep in as times get tough, so here are some daily practices to protect yourself. (article)
- If someone has wronged you, there are ways to stop taking it so personally. (article)
- The economy may be struggling a little bit (a lot a bit?), but the state of American entrepreneurship is strong. (article)
Planning To Grow Your Business?
Do you wish it was easier to hire team members? Do you want to spend less time managing payroll and benefits? We’ve got the solution for you and it’s the one we use too!
Gusto is an easy, online payroll and benefits service built for modern small businesses like yours. It’s one place to pay and take care of your hardworking team.
Get 3 months free when you run your first payroll when you sign up here >>
*We are affiliate partners of our friends at Gusto.com.
- We didn’t think we could love Notion more than we already do, but with their new Notion AI, we’re falling in love all over again. (article)
- Another day, another story of Twitter drama. Who knew that firing an entire ethical team would be a bad idea? (article)
- Speaking of social media drama, Meta’s identity crisis is resulting in thousands of layoffs. (article)
- And if you’re looking for a new social networking spot, new-kid-on-the-block Hive now has 1 million users. (article)
- If you’ve been worried about the state of Disney, worry no longer. Bob Iger is officially back as CEO. (article)
Want access to a community of bosses and live events? Join us for weekly Monday meet-ups to troubleshoot your struggles and celebrate your wins. Get shit done thanks to a little extra accountability during our coworking sessions and more! Check out our events page to see all upcoming events and join us in the FREE Being Boss Community.